The long-awaited modernization of the SEC Rule 206(4)-1 (Marketing Rule) under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 went into effect on May 4, 2021. The majority of changes that a firm will need to make in order to comply with the new Marketing Rule are performance related.
Join us for a detailed explanation of the specific performance requirements, how they differ from prior no-action letters, and what steps a firm should take now in order to be ready by the November 4, 2022 deadline.
You will learn:
- Terminology – Definitions of the terms used by the SEC
- Key considerations – Which changes should you be focusing on now?
- Related, extracted, hypothetical, and portable performance
- Net of fees – What fees should be reduced to get net returns?
- Who does this change apply to?
- Overlap with the GIPS® standards
If Tuesday, June 22 at 2pm ET doesn’t work, register now and we’ll send you a link to the webinar recording once it’s ready.
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote or warrant the accuracy or quality of SS&C Advent. GIPS®
is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute.